Wednesday 12 September 2012

Ma semaine avec Paris

I know this is kind of overdue since I have been in Paris for a good few weeks now, but I have been crazy busy.

Thats a lame excuse, I know. But since the french are too efficient and the country runs too smoothly and everything takes forever to sort out, I haven't had the chance to do it before today.

So, anyway:
Here are some pictures of my past few weeks.
Remember to follow me on Instagram: BrettYves and share my adventure with me.
:)

(I was listening to "Sur les quasi du vieux Paris" (On the old banks of Paris) while I was here. It was just like in the movie "An Education", except I was not with an old married man. 
I was by myself, which is probably worse).

Église de la Saint-Trinité, one of my favourite buildings in Paris.
And it is even better because I can see it everyday. It is like a 1 minute walk from my school.


In Durban, There is Gateway.
In Cape Town, there is the V&A 
and in Johannesburg, there is Sandton City.
But none of them come close to Printemps and Galeries Lafayette.



Opéra to most, the place where Edith Piaf did a large amount of Performances and Gala events, but to me it is the most beautiful Bus Stop in the entire world...
And the place where Edith Piaf performed 
(I love her music so much).

I remembered this place from when I was in France last time on Rotary Exchange, simply as a place where I bought postcards, and then I saw the antique book store again on the Paris Fotopedia app on my iPhone and it was "très cool" ;), so I had to go back.
And it is even better because there is a Jean Paul Gaultier boutique next door.

(Cliché I know, but I thought this picture was cool and it got me happy because the trees are starting to change colour and Autumn is my favourite season).

And even more cliché, but everyone loves a little razzle-dazzle.

Place des Vosges is one of my favourite places in all of Paris.
It reminds me of something out of a Tim Burton film.
I try to go every Monday at around 4 to chill, and the Victor Hugo cafe there is really nice too.
(They have good Sea-Bass)
(Just in case one of you wants to come and say Hi one day and pay for my lunch).

It is strange for me to think that most of these buildings are older than the country I come from.
Everything is just so beautiful. We have hardly any old buildings in South Africa.

I love street art. 
This looks like it was done by the street artist Invader, but it might just be by a knock of. I don't know.
I have seen them all over Paris, but this one in particular always helps me remember the way to Place des Vosges, because I always end up getting lost in Le Marais. I have seen this, along with the following two pieces (The boy and the guy holding the No Entry bar) all over Paris and I love them. They add a sense of quirkiness and I would love to walk all over Paris finding different ones, but that will take up a lot of time that I don't have.
:(



I love Le Marais and the area around Centre George Pompidou. 

My dad was with me for my first week in Paris, and one day we were walking by Le Musée du Louvre and I said to him: "We sure don't have any street lamps like this in Durban" and he was like: "Yeah, if we did they would probably just get stoles". 
O_o
So true. ....
(This streetlamp is actually by Opéra though, not Louvre)

(This forms the basis of my Parisian diet)

These make me think of my bffe Alicja and I miss her so much.

Food defiantly isn't my kind of thing, but I love interesting and new things and Paris defiantly has a whole bunch of that.
These are my new favourite things. They are crisps (chips) made from some type of magical purple potato. They are amazing in every way.

One day when I was walking home, a very beautiful Paramedic said hello to me and I was so taken aback, I squished and then broke my baguette and ran away.
It was so embarrassing. 

It looks gross, but it tastes sooooo good.
I feel bad after seeing those ducks at the River after I eat this though.
:(.

Thats all for now.
I will do another post ASAP, because I have a whole bunch of other pictures, including ones from Vogue's Fashion Night Out: Paris (Which I did go to), and my looks from my days in Paris which will go up soon, before I start school on Monday.

Have a great week everyone.
Bisous Bisous 
:) 
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment